Monday, May 30, 2011

Stohlquist Descent PFD Review

Stohlquist Descent PFD Review By OPS Team Paddler Eric Clement.


Buy It Here

I've been wearing the Stohlquist Descent for three months now and I really like it. I’m always hesitant when it comes to changing a piece of gear. In this case my decision paid off.

The Descent felt really comfortable the first time I wore it since it is not too bulky nor too heavy. (Thanks to Stohlquist's Wrapture ® Foam) It also has the side zipper which I like more than the pull over vests. One of my favourite features on the vest is the padded anti slip shoulder straps that make those long hikes more enjoyable. Another thing I like is those two straps situated in front of your arm pits that keep the vest fairly low and locked in position. The Descent also has a big front pocket that allows you to carry a lot of safety gear. One thing I would like to have on the vest are adjustable straps on the shoulders.

When buying a pfd the first thing you should consider is your safety. The Stohlquist Descent has lots of flotation (Type V PFD with sea level buoyancy of 17 lbs to be exact), lots of coverage for back protection and is also approved in Canada, so you’re good to go. From my point of view comfort should be second on the list and this vest is very comfortable. I’d give this vest an 8/10 over all.

Eric

The Stholquist Descent In Action:
Photo By: Alex Sauve

No comments:

Post a Comment